• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front sway bar problems!!!

tnxjjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I just put a 4.5 lift on my 97 XJ. The sway bar is at such a bad angle that it bent the end links. The problem is that the ends rub on my coils and it makes a nasty noise. Does anyone have an easy way to fix this that is cheap? Also, does anyone drive without the front connected?

you need longer end links. i would get jks disconnects(end links).

dont get into the discussion about not running the front swaybar, the topic has been beat to death. do a search.

RE sells a kit that re-locates the frame mounting points down and forward to help with the coil rubbing. If you can fab, they would be pretty easy to make. Front bar- always connected on road- always disconnected off-road

I have the R.E. relo brackets, on the passenger side the disco is still very close to the coil due to the bow that seems common with R.E. springs. I agree with upgrading the JKS disco's/R.E. relo brackets, but I have both and still am pretty close.

Back