• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driving with no top?

Mcstiff

NAXJA Forum User
So I rolled my XJ and want to bring it back to my apt without towing it ($$$) How much would the body flex with no top? How about with the front 1/3rd removed?

Where is your XJ now? I might be able to help...

I live in Littleton and have a trailer and truck. Maybe I can help you get it home. Just buy me some Diesel and we'll call it good!

Lemme know -- here or e-mail.

Troy

I drove my 86 home with a severely damaged passenger side and roof. if you can get a bottle jack and some 2x4s in there to kinda push everything up enough so that you have unobsturcted visibility and enough headroom, you're better off going that route.

I have seen an uncaged roofless XJ drive around, and I was surprised that the unibody didn't flex more. still... I would NOT trust it on the road, mainly because there's other morons driving around you that could cause an accident and you'd probably end up being the meat in an XJ taco ;)

Back