• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AutoTranny Probs

Adam T

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys.... I was hoping that someone could help me pinpoint a problem I have with my auto tranny in my 92 cherokee Laredo. My tranny will not shift gears until I hit 3500-4000 rpm. However, a couple weeks ago the battery died, jump started it and the check engine light came on, and the jeep shifted fine. This only lasted for the duration of the trip when I shut the jeep off and restarted it, it was back to the way it was. If anyone can give me ideas of what it may be would be great. I am in CO right now and the jeep is in CT so I can't work on it untill next month. I had a diagnastic test that told me that my throttle posistion sensor was bad. I don't think that is that problem because its been baaad for a while....thanx for the help

Adam

Adam T said:
Hey guys.... I was hoping that someone could help me pinpoint a problem I have with my auto tranny in my 92 cherokee Laredo. My tranny will not shift gears until I hit 3500-4000 rpm. However, a couple weeks ago the battery died, jump started it and the check engine light came on, and the jeep shifted fine. This only lasted for the duration of the trip when I shut the jeep off and restarted it, it was back to the way it was. If anyone can give me ideas of what it may be would be great. I am in CO right now and the jeep is in CT so I can't work on it untill next month. I had a diagnastic test that told me that my throttle posistion sensor was bad. I don't think that is that problem because its been baaad for a while....thanx for the help

Adam
probably is the TPS just replaced one the other day on an XJ for the same prob. just my .02

So what MODs did you do to the tranny? I mean you posted this on the Modified Tech forum instead of the OEM forum, so I assume you must have modified the tranny................

Back