• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snap-Lok wiring connector

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
2000 XJ w/4.0 auto
Yesterday while changing the sparkplugs, being all thumbs I snapped the locking clip on the wiring harness connector to the spark plug power pack bar (the coil/dist cap & wire thing). I replaced the plugs and reinstalled the power-pack. The wiring connector went on to a tight fit even though I could not lock the harness connector into the bar. I used a nylon wire tie to secure the harness from vibrating loose.

My Question is, should I go to the dealer and get a replacement connector piece and install....or just leave it?

I know this sounds like an anal question but I have made several trips across I-10 from California to Phoenix in the middle of the night and don't want to be left stranded.
Thanks,
Tom

Did you break the red lock clip? Or did you break the small tab on the rail coil? Or will the connector not lock in place at all? Usually if you just damaged or lost the red lock clip it is ok because the connector will still lock in place. I don't think that connector is available separately from the harness but I could be wrong.

Bryan

hey tom.. that sounds like a satisfactory fix to me.. as long as you arent using any of those "high quality" Govt issue wire ties... check it every day and see if its working itself loose at all.. you would most likely be alright..

mike

Bryan,
It is the connector itself. I pulled the red tab out and thinking GM used a small screwdriver to lift what I thought was a tab. Wrong!!!! It is the black plastic connector. I know at Buick they were available seperately.
Mike,
No cheap Gov't ties, good old Costco Brand. How was the Chicken? I would like to do one of those runs, sounds Fun.
Tom

I'm not sure about the availability on some connectors. Some are available, some aren't. I am in training tomorrow, but I will look into it on Thursday if you would like. Maybe we have an old harness laying around and I could just cut the connector off for you.

Bryan

Cool

That would be cool, I'm in training tomorrow. 9mm, M16 and shotgun. PM if available from the dealer. Thanks.

A little late, but here is the part number.
05013979AA
The package comes with the connector, wires with terminals attached. shrink tubing, and brass crimps, all unassembled. You should be able to just pull the pins from the damaged connector and stick them into the new one.

Bryan

Back