• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock lengths

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
i run 8" of lift, and used to run 6"... i recently bought new shocks and think realized they are the same length as the ones for my 6" lift.
What length shocks is everyone using in the rear (collapsed, expanded) and what length shocks are people running in the front (collapsed, expanded)? right now i don't have any shocks on the XJ and its just sitting in my front yard... any help would be appreciated!

brandon

come on guys, i know we've all been concerned with shocks bottoming out... so help me out with some measurements!

I'm at 6", but I just bought front shocks that are 12" travel. They're a little long for 6" but I'm rebuilding the mounts spefically for them.
Their measurements are something like 29" extended and 17" collapsed, and they're Bilstiens

I'm not sure about the backs.

Hope that helps a little.

I'm running about the same height as you, I went and got the longest shocks I could find (within reason) IIRC they are just about 31" extended and these are bilsteins. I had some Sky hackers from the 8" kit but they were a bit short of what they were rated.

long story short I put them on and then bumpstopped to match the compressed length.

Back