• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need to get 8" of lift

XJOFFROAD

NAXJA Forum User
Right now I got a great deal on a 89 Cherokee with a d44 rear. I want to run 35x13.5 Baja Claws under it. But I want to get around 8in of lift and I can find any out there besides Skyjacker which is way to much $. How should I do this, What front coils rear leafs ect. I will be doin some long arms on this too. I need help. :dunno:

Also anyone here running the Baja Claws Bias or Radial ? if so how you like them ?

XJOFFROAD said:
Right now I got a great deal on a 89 Cherokee with a d44 rear. I want to run 35x13.5 Baja Claws under it. But I want to get around 8in of lift and I can find any out there besides Skyjacker which is way to much $. How should I do this, What front coils rear leafs ect. I will be doin some long arms on this too. I need help. :dunno:

Also anyone here running the Baja Claws Bias or Radial ? if so how you like them ?

You could run those tires with a 5.5" lift and some minor trimming.
Billy

I would go with some RK 6" springs and spacer or the new RE 7.5" springs a 7" RK ZJ spring would prolly be too tall.

the rear I'd prolly do some 6" ish leafs and a 1.5" shackle.

(8" really isn't that tall :) )

seriously.......

and I hope I brainwash you with this......

the less lift, the bettter.

you don't need 8" of lift to run 35's.

trim trim trim!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have almost 8"....maybe less, haven't really tried to figure it out.....

I run 37's with room to spare.....

don't lift!

cut!

i'm at 8" running RE 7.5 coils and for the rear RE 1.5 block, RRO 1.5" shackles (6" eye to eye) and RE 4.5 springs. hope that helps

brandon

if you are going to buy a smaller lift and then try to add shackles and spacers to achieve 8", you are going to run into problems with control arms. im running that setup but in order to correct the arm length problem i ran into i bought a long arm kit. clayton makes a nice one and IIRC rusty's does too.

Beezil said:
seriously.......

and I hope I brainwash you with this......

the less lift, the bettter.

you don't need 8" of lift to run 35's.

trim trim trim!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have almost 8"....maybe less, haven't really tried to figure it out.....

I run 37's with room to spare.....

don't lift!

cut!

i am with him on this subject. lots of trimming.

i mean what really to you look at when you limit your upward travel? body. what does not have a very strong effect on offroading? BODY!!

on a lighter note beezil has almost no body last i saw. so he haws the max trimming.

I agree as well trim!!! I have run two cherokees on the RE 5.5" lift and with both of them I have run 35s. The first I ran a true 35" tire---swampers. Trim and you and your jeep will be much happier when you don't roll it.

or swap in fullsize axles :thumbup:

I will be sell ing all my lift (used) in a copule of weeks. RE drop brackets adj. uca, adj. lca. skyjacker 8" front springs and Bigoffroad 8" leaves.shoot me an Email if your intersted [email protected]. some of the arms may need the rubber bushings replaceds, but I will include new ones.All of the spherical joints have been rebuilt within the last year. building an mj with a triangulated 4 link front and rear with 1/4 elipt. so no need for this stuff. Just to let you know I was running 38" swampers with this set up and lots of trimming.

Back