• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is Paragon a town??

For those of you headed here for the first time, and have difficulty in understanding the Paragon website (hey, I know some of you guys and not everybody's the brightest bulb), Paragon Adventure Park is very near the junction of I80 and I81 in eastern Pennsylvania.

Hazleton is the "town" of note nearby, with all of the usual amenities of such venues (except, perhaps, the wild night life of Attica).

There's a bunch of motels near Exit 146 I-81 (Rt 93), and the Penn State Extension campus, and K-mart, and fast food joints, and a Chrysler dealer, etc. etc. The center of town is a few miles further east with a bunch of auto parts stores and the ubiquitous corner bars that are a normal sight in Pennsy coal towns.

For those of you who actually expect to wheel - Paragon is 5 minutes west off of exit 143 I-81 (Rt 924). If you go east on 924, you can also get to the center of the swinging metropolis of Hazleton in a couple of miles (watch out for the radar traps). Red Ridge Campground is about 20 minutes to the west of Paragon. (As we get closer to the event - I'll post more detailed directions - this place is in the boonies and takes a bit of attention to find it). Just follow the trail of broken parts.

Okay, we're now officially less than three months till the Pennsy Party.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Mike in NJ said:
Hazleton is the "town" of note nearby, with all of the usual amenities of such venues (except, perhaps, the wild night life of Attica).

It will have the same night life as Attica once the Midwest crew rolls into to town. Attica only has night life when NAXJA is in town.

Hey Wheeler ... you may be a little "corn"fused ... I'm pretty sure there is a Paragon, Indiana. There is a racetrack there where they run dirt track cars (Outlaws and such).

By the way:
One Ton said:
It's all in your head :rolleyes:
Beezil said:
dumbass, paragon is a state of mind.

A Paragon is defined as "a model of excellence or perfection". OneTon and Beezil both paid you a pretty good compliment there ... not sure if it was intended or not :dunno:

Les

PS: Thanks Mike in NJ ...

Last edited:
jeepguy97 said:
So it is definatly at Paragon, because I heard talk of Rausch Creek.

Yeah - the idea of splitting the event between Rausch and Paragon was a noble one (because Rausch is a pretty good destination too), but the simple fact is that more of us are more familiar with the Paragon trail network and there wasn't enough volunteers that all levels of wheelers could have gotten good coverage at both parks.

Over time, that will change, since Rausch continues to expand, and more and more of us "locals" get to know the network there better.

The other problem with sharing the destination was that, even though the two parks aren't very far apart (about 40 miles or so), there isn't a good central point to set up HQ.

So, NACFest stays at Paragon for now - but I hear there's talk of coming up with a "mini-NACevent" at Rausch for the fall season. Nobody has to wait until autumn of course, since both parks are open every weekend now, and then during the week as the weather gets warmer - you just need 3 to explore (or join one of the parks' formal rides).

you forgot to mention the beloved " leave it to beaver's" not too far from red ridge.. my friends and i have made " beaver's" a tradition for every trip to paragon... i'll lead the excursion :D

Back