• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tow hook brackets or front reciever hitch

Inisadow

NAXJA Forum User
the stock brackets that I drilled and bolted to my 2x4x1/4" tube bumper are starting to weaken I can tell they wont take much more before they rip out so I've been looking for other solutions. At first I was going to just get towhook brackets but saw that they have reciever hitches that are only 99$ are the towhook brackets going to give me as much strength(if welded to my tube bumper) or is a reciever hitch better still stronger? I would like to keep as much approach angle as possible but I dont want to have to replace it after a few tows.

i prefer the receiver hitch.. word of advice.. if you are concerned with front clearance and aproach angles DO NOT BUY the hidden hitch from Quadratec.. i bought one and the receiver box is mounted below the main bar of the hitch.... i had to have it modified and channeled into the bar to increase clearance so now it hides behind the front airdam... just last week i picked up one made by DRAWTITE.. and it is already constructed the way i had the other one modified.. i dont have pics now but i can get a few tommorow probably... the DRAWTITE was $139, but thats about the same as paying $50 to have my $89 hiddne hitch modified... the hidden hitch is a much larger frame and can easily be boxed to double as a front skid plate as well though.... feel free to PM me...

mike

IMG_1306.sized.jpg

For a few bucks more than the drawtite you can get a tomken bumper with the receiver built into the center face of the bumper and kill two birds with one stone, same with the rear... though the rear is mounted on the bottom of the bumper but no lower than a standard hitch is.

Back