• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody need some spare headlights?

mgolden

NAXJA Forum User
I just did the H4 conversion on my Jeep. Man, what a difference. Makes driving up the mountain at night a lot better.

Anyway, if anybody in the area wants my old halogens, they're all yours.

Or should I try to sell them for $30 each like that guy on the forsale forum. :rolleyes:

-Mike

Hey Mike, you should either buy or make a new headlight harness before you burn up the stock wiring under the dash, mine is mostly burnt! :dunce:

All you do is have a couple relays and some 10 or 12 guage wiring directly to the battery (with a fuse), use the power from the stock headlamp wiring to switch the relay over and send the power from the big wires to the lamps.

Yeah, that's on my "to do" list, along with about 100 other things. :)

I'm just running the 55/60 watt bulbs, so I'm not too worried about the wiring yet. I'll definately upgrade the wires before the bulbs.

That poor +12v terminal on the solonoid - it's running out of room for more wires! :laugh2:

-Mike

joshmac54 said:
How hard was the H4 conversion? What exactly are you converting to? Just wondering.

Sorry, didn't see this post until just now.

I got these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=2464618637

The conversion is as simple as just changing the headlights - plug and play. As Sequoia mentioned, if you're going much over stock wattage bulbs, you'll want to do a wiring harnass. The stock wires aren't designed for that much current.

-Mike

Back