• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Hub Assembly

Skinnywater

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to identify the part that rides in the hub assembly grease seal and is pressed on the shoulder of the stub axel. I believe its main purpose is to shield the grease seal from dirt and debris. This part is in bad shape and must be replaced. I have purchased a new hub assembly but this part is not included. I checked at the dealer and do not see this part on the exploded drawing they show on the computer. I did see a part on the two wheel drive assembly that looked similar but it was called a seal? Can anyone identify this part?

Nothing like that on the stub axle (i.e. the short axle shaft on the outside off the joint that hub slips onto) that I am aware of. The only thing like that I recall is the dirt shield on the main axle shaft that slides into the axle tube and connects to the gears. The shield is a collar that prevents dirt from getting into the tube. Try randysringandpinion.com or drivetraindirect.com or other similar online sources. Good Luck. Greg

Pictures? Would be very helpful. Also what year?

Last edited:
It seals off the back side of the hub as you believe. I would consider just getting a "new" axle stub from a u-pull-it yard.

Back