• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab planning.....

Danno

NAXJA Forum User
Here are some advanced plans for those of you that are interested in NAXJA's 5th Annual Fall Fling.

1. The dates as published are Registration on Monday evening with the trail rides commencing on Tuesday Oct. 5 and going thru Saturday Oct. 9,2004

2. Friday night will be the annual banquet, raffle, giving away of prizes and plaques (Best Rig, Most Improved Driver, Dufus of the Week (just kidding), etc.).

3. There will also be a multimedia show featuring the events of the week. We were suppose to have this last year but the only slide processor in town was broken down. I was BITTERLY disappointed as I had some very nice shots. Especially the ones where C-ROK turned a backflip in the CarWash on Hell's Revenge. :roll: This year I have purchased my own digital computer projector so that won't be a problem ever again. This will also allow me to use digital files from other people. Those of you that have digital cameras with the compact flash cards are invited, encouraged, coerced, etc. to bring them and contribute to this part of the Friday night meeting. We will be taking downloads everynight and inserting them into the computer. This will also function as a running record as the week's event unfurl.

4. Plans are still preliminary, but it looks like we will charge $25 for the event. That will give you one event Tshirt and one ticket to the banquet meal on Friday night. More meals and Tshirts will be available. Tshirts will have to be ordered ahead of time. I will post more about this when we get into the summer.

5. Unfortunately, the BLM has instituted a policy of charging $5 per day for the use of OUR land. At least the $$ stays in Moab! We will be collecting that seperately at the event. The money will go straight to the BLM.

6. As new information developes I will post it here. Hope to see y'all there!!

Last edited:
Any final word on the registration charge? When will you be accepting? Where do we send/PayPal the money?

Has anyone put any thought into the trail schedule or are we gonna play it by ear? I personally prefer 4+ to 5 trails. How many folks are gonna be interested in these types of trails. Any thoughts on a Hole 'n the Rock trail ride? Anyone tired of questions? I am.

Okie Terry said:
Has anyone put any thought into the trail schedule or are we gonna play it by ear? I personally prefer 4+ to 5 trails. How many folks are gonna be interested in these types of trails. Any thoughts on a Hole 'n the Rock trail ride? Anyone tired of questions? I am.

The trail schedule is being polished and will be available in the next few weeks, there will be a mixture of trails each day and you will be able to always find folks to run harder stuff if that's where you want to focus your time.

Okie Terry said:
Any final word on the registration charge? When will you be accepting? Where do we send/PayPal the money?

There will be a registration form up by this weekend.

Kejtar said:
There will be a registration form up by this weekend.

sweet....

I'll be there with my dad...the jeep has a looooooooong way to go, but we'll be there, even if i have to rent a TJ out there.....

mac 'one way or another' gyvr

What kind of trails are available for a stock XJ with maybe a 2" BB and 30x9.5 tires. Its not too likely I'll be there but I might be able to get some leave and head on out...

When we first started going to Moab we would always rent a stock vehicle locally. There are lots of fun trails to run with your kind of equipment.

BlackSport96 said:
What kind of trails are available for a stock XJ with maybe a 2" BB and 30x9.5 tires. Its not too likely I'll be there but I might be able to get some leave and head on out...

Now is that $25 for each person? Or is it per vehicle?

the $25 was for a t shirt and a meal ticket to Friday night and was for each person. The t shirts' deadline was a couple of days ago as the order had to go in. Meal tickets can now be bought on site and there will be a "few" shirts sold at the event.

Danno said:
the $25 was for a t shirt and a meal ticket to Friday night and was for each person. The t shirts' deadline was a couple of days ago as the order had to go in. Meal tickets can now be bought on site and there will be a "few" shirts sold at the event.
But to all coming, please preregister as that will give us the ability to have an idea of sorts as to how many people are going to show up. Also the form has been updated and tshirt options have been removed.

I just made my site reservation and the guy that took it didn't seem to know anything about NAXJA being there. Has the place for the diner been reserved?

We have all the cabins and a lot of campsites, so......I don't know what planet he is on! We are eating at the senior center and the caterer has assured me that it is reserved. The Wednesday night hot dog feed is going to be in front of our cabins.

RangerRick said:
I just made my site reservation and the guy that took it didn't seem to know anything about NAXJA being there. Has the place for the diner been reserved?

Is it possible to just come along for the trails? I don't really have the money to buy a shirt and dinner (although I have to eat). I meet all the safety requirements on my XJ so that isn't an issue. Would be nice to get back down there.

Thanks,
Brett

Yes!
we are charging $25 for the shirt and Friday night meal but you don't have to do either. However, the $9 for Friday night meal is worth it, but you can come anyway and eat something else. The program is always a lot of fun. BLM is requiring that we charge for the trail ride everyday however. Hope to see you there!! Danno

bretto said:
Is it possible to just come along for the trails? I don't really have the money to buy a shirt and dinner (although I have to eat). I meet all the safety requirements on my XJ so that isn't an issue. Would be nice to get back down there.

Thanks,
Brett

cool thanks.

Anyone planning on running anything Sunday? Unfortuantly I won't be able to make it till Saturday due to work but I'd like to stay more than one day and hit something Sunday b4 heading home.

Brett

Bretto, Several groups usually get together for informal runs Sunday so you will find plenty of folks to hit a trail with. It's getting close! :woohoo:

Good to hear. I believe the last time I saw you XJBlue, you were following me back home from Moab. Remember staring at my broken tailight?

Brett

Oh Yeah - I remember, from Green River to Price I either looked at the Book Cliffs, my spiking temp gauge, or that broken taillight of yours. great times!

Back