• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bigger renix throttle body

MCD

NAXJA Forum User
i want more air. i plan to get some spark parts and exhaust parts and i want something to bring more air in. i cant seem to find any renix tb that are bored out but i think i remember some on would bore yours if you sent it to them.

CheapXJ said:

Only problem with this is that he isn't selling the adapter or the spacer for the Renix TB and intake anymore. He said he was getting too many complaints about the price to make it worth it. I'd like to know where I could find a bored out renix TB as well because I can't make my own adapter, can't find anyone to sell one, and don't want to mess with any other the adaptations.

it's either that or spend $600 on a bored renix TB

http://www.hescosc.com/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?4X364946#a

still don't want to mess with adaptations? a competent machinist would be able to replicate that easily. bring in the picture, your intake and the two throttle bodies.

that or grab a throttle plate from an HO TB and have your machinist bore the TB and modify it to fit the larger throttle plate. that can't cost more than $600!!!

Accurate Power sell a bored Renix TB for a much more reasonable $200. Hesco's price is daylight robbery. Even $200 is too much in my mind. Cheap XJ's suggestion to
grab a throttle plate from an HO TB and have your machinist bore the TB and modify it to fit the larger throttle plate
sounds like the best one. The only problem is that there isn't enough meat in the Renix TB to take it out to the same 60mm as the HO TB. You'll have to settle for 58mm and make the HO throttle plate 2mm smaller in diameter. Easy enough to do.

Know i remember why i didn't like hesco. There was a place on ebay doing renix TBsout to 58 for about 120 or so but don't remember and can't find them. Accurate was selling throtle plates for around 50 bucks for a 58mm renix. or get an HO tb drill and tap your intake and adapt the TPS and call it a day.

Flometrics sells billet throttlebodies that are 66mm and 68mm! Of course they are HO (4 bolt ) t-bodies, but at the price they're asking you might as well get an HO intake manifold bolt one of those bad boys to it and modify your Renix TPS to work on an HO....

Gil Bullycatz

Re: bigger renix throttle body - adapt this

Anybody consider a Dakota or GC 4.7 t-body? 65MM and $50 from the parts yard - adapt it to the Renix or HO manifolds (havent done this yet but it shouldn't be too hard) - I drilled the Renix manifold for the HO - very easy.

i think i'll take a trip to the junk yard soon and get a throttle cable and ho tb and modify it. it shouldnt be to hard to make the spacer. wat is the site for flometrics? 66 and 68 is freak'n huge!!

XJ Armor is what I'm running on mine. I really did notice the increase in power. and the price is right. Steve will take back you old one for a 50 buck credit. Juice

Back