• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Locker: Powertrax Lock-right VS. No-Slip

BrianC

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the market for a locker for my Dana 44 rear axle. Is the main difference between the Lock Right and the No-Slip that the no-slip is quieter? Is the No-slip $100+ worth of better?

I thought I remember reading somewhere that the No-slip was quieter and also stronger

Can't say how much quieter it is than the Lockrite, but the No-Slip I just installed in my Trac-lok case is not any more noticable noise-wise than the Trac-lok was (unless you count the tire squealing a little on tight radius turns) on the street. Granted, I'm still breaking the rear end in and haven't really pushed it hard yet. It does have a different feel to it with the slight push in turns and there's the "thunk" when shifting into gear from neutral once the lube's warmed up (gonna change to 75-140 synthetic after breaking on 75-90 synthetic). Nothing objectionable by any means and none of the "ratcheting" that I was warned to expect with a Lockrite. I'm looking forward to getting the first 500 miles in and then doing the towing break-in so that I can really see what kind of a difference it's made! The Trac-lok wouldn't do much of anything with the 33s on the trail, but I've got no doubts about the No-Slip's ability to make things happen! :D

Ive had my No-slip for almost 3 years now,the only noise is the before mentioned bang when going fwd/rev."Its" completely silent on the road,tire noise is another thing!

Back