• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swaping auto to manual trans

Spectre006

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone tried this? My main concern is installing a clutch pedal assembly. Will the clutch/brake assembly, under the dash, from another Cherokee of the same year bolt in. Or is there a bit of modification to be done, along with the proper amount of swearing.

This is to be done on a 1989 Cherokee Limited 4.0L

This is only in the planning stage at the moment, so any info will be great

TIA

Andy

I just pulled out my manual tranny from my '88 and put in an auto. I have the tranny, transfer case, clutch, flywheel, hydraulic lines, pedals, etc. all available for sale. It all worked flawlessly when pulled a week ago. PM me if you're interested.

i am not sure why you want to do this but mybe a cheaper way be in more control of what gear your in on the trail would be to rig the trans to shift at the touch of a switch....this can be done if you have the right trans and know someone that knows how the electronics work on the transmission

Back