• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuse diagram needed

Silver Bullet

NAXJA Forum User
I went to wire up my Cb today and found out that my fuse panel has no diagram showing me what fuse does what. My manual says the fuse box will have a diagram and the fuse box coversays the manual will have a diagram. :dunno:

Any one have a 2000 XJ that they can take a peak at there fuses and tell me which ones are accessory power so I can wire up my CB

Thanks
Silver Bullet

not sure what the fuse box looks like on a 2000, but why not just check to see which slots have power when u turn the key on (and dont have power with it off)

a simple 12V test light will do the trick for you :)

FWIW, i think my 96 says "acc" on some of the slots anyway.

HTH

CaptTrev

I Hate that fuse box :puke:, threw my back out when I was looking for a popped one last year, you need yoga lessons to contort yourself to look at it. Best method is to use a meter or light to find a hot one with the key off unless you want it on all the time. Also check the empty ones though if you have a limited with all the options you may only have one or two open and not used. The blades may be hot on one side and not on the other if the fuse is not in there.
What you might want to consider doing is running a dedicated line from the battery thru a good filter to eliminate any noise or interference, fuse it up near the battery though.

A friend of mine just gave me a Link for the wiring diagram of the fuse box so when I have a chance I should be able to figure it out and get my CB installed.

Thanks guys

Back