• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinion Angle

bryanv

NAXJA Forum User
i am putting a d44 front and d60 rear in an 88 cherokee i do not have the car to do a mach up on. was wondering if you guys who are running around 7 inch of lift have your pinion angles set to. i dont want to have to use any shims on the rear, so i am going to weld the leave spring purchases according to the pinion angle i need. the front i will have adj uppers so a ball park range of plus or minus 1 degree would be fine. Any help would be appreceiated.

thanks
bryan verdeur

bryanv said:
i am putting a d44 front and d60 rear in an 88 cherokee i do not have the car to do a mach up on. was wondering if you guys who are running around 7 inch of lift have your pinion angles set to. i dont want to have to use any shims on the rear, so i am going to weld the leave spring purchases according to the pinion angle i need. the front i will have adj uppers so a ball park range of plus or minus 1 degree would be fine. Any help would be appreceiated.

thanks
bryan verdeur

in the rear, measure where the perches will go, put them in place on the axle, bolt the axle to the jeep, let it settle down to ride height, adjust the pinion level, tack weld the perches, remove the axle, finish welding.

For the front, pinion angle is irrelevent. You have to set your caster at 6-7 degrees and pinion angle will be whatever it is.

Good luck.

-jb

the front is no problem thats why the make caster adjustments and adjustable control arms...........i think am just going to set the pinion angle 3 degrees more than stock and use shims if i have too..this would be much easier w/ the jeep here

Back