• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Driveshaft

PWRDrill

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 95 XJ, and I'm wondering at what height I should be concerned about lengthening the front driveshaft. I currently have the RE 5.5 but was considering going up another 1.5 to 2". Would this put me over the edge or is it like the rear shaft and all XJs are different? Thanks guys. By the way, I have searched and found nothing on this.

Kevin

PWRDrill said:
I have a 95 XJ, and I'm wondering at what height I should be concerned about lengthening the front driveshaft. I currently have the RE 5.5 but was considering going up another 1.5 to 2". Would this put me over the edge or is it like the rear shaft and all XJs are different? Thanks guys. By the way, I have searched and found nothing on this.

Kevin

If anything you might have to worry about having to shorten it depending on your control arm lengths and the arc that they take as you droop. Put the front on jackstands and take your wheels off and let the axle droop and observe what happens to your front shaft.

Back