• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EV 30 30 kit help

billsredxj

NAXJA Forum User
I’m in the middle of putting the 30 30 kit in to my 91 disconnected axle, it comes with 3 seals, and the back off plate, does anyone know where the third seal goes, I know two go into the housing to block of the carrier. I’m not sure where the third one goes.
Thanks.

It should go by the disconnect on the passenger side axle. Thwy give 2 seals for the passenger side, 1 by the diff and one by the disconnect.

The two with the taper go in the housing? The one with out the taper goings on the outside of the diso box towards the knuckle right, problem is that the seal seams small for that, and sits way in side there. My thoughts were it’s just there to keep stuff out of the unused diso area.

The 2 for the diff should be different sizes, the driver side should be a larger OD and the pass side should be a smaller OD because the pass side on a non-disco axle is not machined for a seal since there is no seal in that spot from the factory.

Back