• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'home Brew' Pcv Upgrades?

pressurerat

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have a parts list or ideas on how to modify or upgrade the rear pcv line without using 'factory' parts? What is the reason for using the hard plastic tube instead of a something else? What about getting a larger fitting from a hardware store instead of having to order one at my local suck ass dealer? Has this been done or does it sound like a bad idea or what?

There is an article on www.madxj.com about using the later model CCV componts to fix your older XJ 4.0 engine. That may be a place to start.

pressurerat said:
Does anybody have a parts list or ideas on how to modify or upgrade the rear pcv line without using 'factory' parts? What is the reason for using the hard plastic tube instead of a something else? What about getting a larger fitting from a hardware store instead of having to order one at my local suck ass dealer? Has this been done or does it sound like a bad idea or what?
PMed ya back. Hardware store parts are fine. That's where I got all my parts from for my PCV system. I sent ya some pics, but here they are for everybody else.

is.php

is.php

And?

So, what parts did you get, how did they go in, and (most importantly) is the PCV system working better than it did before the modification(s)?

Eagle said:
And?

So, what parts did you get, how did they go in, and (most importantly) is the PCV system working better than it did before the modification(s)?
Who is this aimed at, Eagle?

Eagle said:
And?

I started by fabricating a bracket for the sega. I used the dreamcast but a genesis should work just as well. Then I used three 5/8 pipe fittings and a 2 foot length of heater hose(cut into 2 equal length pieces) and a couple of zip ties for good measure(what job is complete without zip ties?) The dreamcast seems to add a venturi effect to the valve cover side of the hose fitting and works quite nicely. If I had to do the job again, however, I would use a little rtv to seal up the sega unit. All in all, I would say it was a success!

Back