• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie!

schaff90xj

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys, i am new to NAXJA and am interested in the Ouray portion of the XJ Fest in CO. It will be just me, my wife, and a mostly stock 90XJ. My question is, since i am already a member of NAXJA, what do i have to do to commit to the event? Any suggestions as far as what to bring to prepare for the event will be greatly appreciated. i am currently deployed in iraq but will return in june so hopefully this will be a great way to kick off my summer!
thanks..thanks Brian S

schaff90xj said:
hey guys, i am new to NAXJA and am interested in the Ouray portion of the XJ Fest in CO. It will be just me, my wife, and a mostly stock 90XJ. My question is, since i am already a member of NAXJA, what do i have to do to commit to the event? Any suggestions as far as what to bring to prepare for the event will be greatly appreciated. i am currently deployed in iraq but will return in june so hopefully this will be a great way to kick off my summer!
thanks..thanks Brian S
Grant and the others will be posting closer to the event, but if you think you need jeep upgrades that need to be done beforehand, might want to private message 'em.

There will be plenty of trails you will be able to run with basically a stock XJ. A budget boost and some taller tires will make it a bit easier and make your rig just look better. I will be leading a few of the trails and will probably specialize in the easier to moderate trails. Around Ouray, the good thing about the easier trails is that they have the better scenery from my experience. Don't worry you will have an awesome time.

Most of the old hands around here look fondly back on running stock or near stock rigs. The challenges were fun and we took a lot more time to actually do trails instead of constantly building and modifying our rigs. With a bit of good spotting and the right attitude, you would be surprised just what you can climb with a stocker.

well, i just ordered a 3" lift and am in the market for some 31's..that ought to help. now if i could just get out of iraq! can anyone help me??

I'm sure one of the guys could lend you some lipstick and pantyhose. That would probably get you out :wave1:

Just go for this look - it should do wonders!
klinger.jpg

Back