• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Forum Thanks

desertred

NAXJA Forum User
Just a note of thanks to all that have posted and awnsered questions on this forum. Your help, whether direct or from a search, has been invaluable. I just finished pulling my 4.0 out to replace it with a reman engine. This is the first time I've attempted a project like this. If it wasn't for the forum, I would have thrown in the towel. Tomorrow, I start prepping the new engine to go into the XJ. Maybe after project completion, I'll be able to give some help instead of just receiving it. Thanks again.

Before you stick it in check your oil filter mounting setup, make sure it matches the old one. I would also put the intake and exhaust manifolds on the new motor now, much easier than after it goes in..
Oh, remember the mantra... anti-sieze, anti-seize, anti-seize, if it has threads on it put the silver or copper goo on it...

Back