• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera Low 4:1, AX-15 to AW4?

Renegade Jpr

NAXJA Forum User
Im planning on buying a used Tera Low 4:1 from my buddy, but I got to think'n tonight and started wondering if its going to work in my XJ? My XJ sports a AW4 automatic trans. and my friends YJ has a AX-15 5-speed...will it still work in my XJ?

I don't belive it will because the ax-15 is a 23 spline wheres your 89 aw4 is a 21 spline. You may ba able to change it on the tera low but not sure.

Really? my 89' is a 21 spline?...could have sworn its a 23...... I do have an AA HD SYE if that makes any difference

Renegade Jpr said:
Really? my 89' is a 21 spline?...could have sworn its a 23...... I do have an AA HD SYE if that makes any difference

your output shaft has nothing to do with your input shaft. 89 should have 21 spline. with the 4:1 i don't know if you can just swap the input gear from the old transfercase into the 4:1 case, but i assume its the same as without the 4:1. if you can just swap the input shafts. chances are the yj case from behind an ax15 has a long input and you need the short one anyway.

matthew

Does anybody know if Tera makes an input shaft I can use for my XJ?

Thats what Im going to do, but I just wanted to see if anybody here knew anything.

Back