• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front fender support removal? substitution?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so I'm working on finishing of my front bumper and I want to get rid of that front support that's there or at least do something about it's bottom. As it is, once I will complete the bottom, it will be sticking out by about 2" or 3" and if I hit it, I am afraid that I will bend it or rip it off. Any ideas? suggestions? I was thinking about bending it at 90 degrees but that means I would have to cut into as it's angled and won't bend otherwise....

useless said:
Remove them and forget about it.
I thought about that, but as my fender is already trimmed up fairly hight past that bend in it, it is somewhat floppy and I"m wondering if the TJ flare will be able to hold it's shape. In the middle (middle of wheel well) I can already see it slightly "deforming"

If you are talking the radiator core support, don't remove it.

If it is just the horizontal bracket going from the frame to the fender cut it and get rid of it.

mark

just cut it off .

Back