• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I get new LCA's

1986xj

NAXJA Forum User
86 XJ V6, installing OME 934's, JC1's, & terraflex shackles.
Will I need adj LCA's?
Adj trackbar & hd mount is already on order from Kevin's.
Already searched and nothing really came up that helped, & since OME is real vauge about net lift #'s all I can do is guess I'll end up at around 3"-3.5".
Mike B.

It wouldn't hurt, as with 3" your about maxed out with your stock control arms for droop.

you will sit ass hight with the addition of the shackles.

poppabear said:
you will sit ass hight with the addition of the shackles.

So you're saying the OME 934 zj springs really really don't provide much more lift than the XJ ones? I was thinking I'd need those shackles to level it out, plus there's the weight of the BPI rear bumper & the roof rack.... it sits nose high now with just the rack and a pretty hefty toolbox in back, but the stock leaves are toast as well.
Mike B.

I have the same lift you are considering, 934s up front and JC1As in the rear and mine is still higher in the back after 18 months or so. I've never had the 930s so I can't say for sure, but Glen at Rocky Road told me when I was buying the lift that I definitely wanted the 934s to keep it level if I was going to get the JC1As. But even if they are taller than the 930s, the 934s are still not a very tall spring and at least in my experience (no heavy rear bumper/tire carrier etc.) need a spacer to level out the lift.

As for the control arms, you could do without them if funds are an issue.

New Deal said:
I have the same lift you are considering, 934s up front and JC1As in the rear and mine is still higher in the back after 18 months or so. I've never had the 930s so I can't say for sure, but Glen at Rocky Road told me when I was buying the lift that I definitely wanted the 934s to keep it level if I was going to get the JC1As. But even if they are taller than the 930s, the 934s are still not a very tall spring and at least in my experience (no heavy rear bumper/tire carrier etc.) need a spacer to level out the lift.

As for the control arms, you could do without them if funds are an issue.

About how much higher net is it in the rear over the front (stock is 17.5" from center of hub to edge of flare and 17" in rear) ? A "little" extra height is ok as I have on occasion put the XJ into truck service mode to haul 600 - 800 lbs or so of fertilizer, feed, salt, sand, and such on rainy days so the cargo won't get soaked on the way back from the store. (part of the reason I didn't want to go any higher than 3")
Guess it's no big deal if I have to use a spacer up front..... funny how every time I lift anything though it ends up higher though than the original plan was :doh:
Guess while I'm doing it I'll go for the LCA's as well, The JKS's are the ones I'm eyeing up, unless anyone has a better suggestion, price isn't as much of an issue for me as is the quality.... I hate doing things twice.
Thanks,
Mike B.

Back