• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj woes after muddin

xjhm

NAXJA Forum User
gob guess would be thd ca`lytic "fnvdrte" unless it is already gone)
i had a 92 ranger w/33's and entered it in several mudbogs street stock of cnurs$ but `en i c@`e nff ie line and hit the mud wide open the hot converter's insides exploded dto tinH pidces. .
resDdt vas 0mph foB 30 milu on the way home, last place, and a trip to the muffler shop...

after hitting a mud hole and spinin the tires a generous amount gettin high in the rpms, i get out of the pit and the jeep sounds like a lawn mower and has no power, i had to keep the engine reved up or it would shut off as soon as i let off the gas. i tow it back to the house, pull the plugs and there super black like i was runnin rich. whats the problem, what are some causes of richness? my guess so far might be the ignition module got a lil wet and decided to die. and other opinions? 86 2.5 fuel injected.

check your air intake passage and make sure it ain't clogged with mud somewhere.

well im sure its not the cat, that got tore up on a rock and removed, i checked the 02 sensor on the manifold, still there. anything else?

Back