• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turning left fine, right not so fine!

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok so the alighnment shop failed! They got the steering better but not where it was. Title says it. I can cut left sharp but right sucks. If I lengthen the drag link want this improve the right hand turn radius? And no it is not a steering stop adjustment.

Ghost said:
Ok so the alighnment shop failed! They got the steering better but not where it was. Title says it. I can cut left sharp but right sucks. If I lengthen the drag link want this improve the right hand turn radius? And no it is not a steering stop adjustment.

What do you mean by "right sucks", wont turn right at all? What started the problem? Some background info? Was the draglink removed from the pitman arm? Sounds like the draglink was not properly adjusted. I believe it would need to be shortened.....

Ok sorry. The steering wheel turns about 1.5 times to the right but 2 - 2.5 times to the left. It will turn right but not as sharp as turn left. It started after I took it for an alighnment. I think it is in the drag link but I figured it needed lengthening. Especially since it is at it shortest length almost! :confused: Does that help?

Ok, with the tires straight, is the steering wheel centered? If so, look at the pitman arm, it should also be centered.
BTW, your correct, if it is turning further left then right, it is to short. I'd go back and talk to the manager and dimenstrate the problem to him/her. Then get your money back and take it to someone else to get an alignment.

Ghost said:

After lifting mine I had the same problem with the steering. The angle has changed and so it needs a longer setup. I currently have it adjusted just to the point of falling off the pitman arm... (Rustys Steering conversion is in the mail) hopefully that will my sharp left, hitting right, problem. It is going to be tough to align without replacing the steering with longer components or getting a 3 inch drop pitman. a ZJ steering setup might work also...

Ok, I lengthen the drag link and TRE on the drop pitman arm and it helped tremendously. Still needs soem work but other items are higher on the list right now.

Back