• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does UPS deliver on saturdays?

b-suth

NAXJA Forum User
Here is the situation---did the r&p on my 8.25 last sunday, things went fine until it came time to change the ring gears on the carrier. Little did I know that the 10 bolts are left-hand thread!! Of course, the impact wrench didn't seem to mind too much, breaking five of them off before we realized the mistake.

Using the remaining five, we finished the setup, but I haven't thought it prudent to drive the jeep w/o all the bolts.

After calling all the stealerships around town, I ended up calling Randy's R&P again, and they shipped a set of bolts off, told me to expect them on Thursday (ordered them Monday morning). Well here it is Friday night, and no bolts.

This may seem like no big deal, but I am scheduled to leave for Moab on Wednesday morning, and still need to break in the new gearsets. Not to mention the fact that I am stuck driving a POS 87 Subie wagon in the meantime (can you say jeep withdrawals??).

So I am hoping that UPS delivers on Saturdays, at least to residential addresses. I feel bad for my coworkers @ work tonite-I was one ornery s.o.b., and will continue to be until I get those stinkin' bolts!! I wanna drive my jeep!

Sorry for the length, it has been a long day, compounded by having to wait for parts.

Boyd

Depends on where you are. Here... no UPS or Fed Ex on week-ends... they claim it is a remote area. Best bet, call your local UPS place and ask.

UPS Saturday delivery usually costs a premium, which is why I like to use USPS instead (free Saturdays - if that's when it comes in, that's when you get it.)

Anything shipped ground or 3d day won't get delivered until Monday, 2d day and 1st day costs extra for Saturday delivery.

This is probably part of why I go thru my local and get ARP - they usually have them at the local WD and I can just go pick them up, even on Saturday!

5-90

Same here, Pocono's of Pa, no sat delivery from anybody cept from Allentown airport guy when they loose your luggage LOL... He even showed up at 0100 ONE TIME, from then on never after 2200. I think my answering the door with a .45 colt in hand and my son standing behind me to the side with a 12ga winchester pump, daughter with her custom pink stocked 10/22 and wife with her snubby .38 taurus made him a mite nervous :) course it might have been the 'wild just woke up hair thing' that did it :) :) :)

UPS only does Red 1-day on Sat. There is a 10 buck upcharge, and its only avalible to certain zips. Depends on distance from an Airport.

Fed-ex offers Sat. on 1 day service, and 2 day service, there is an upcharge, depends on the original cost of shipping. Only avalible to certain zips, and forget about a residence or a jobsite!

Back