• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Futura Dakota Tires

XJFREK

NAXJA Forum User
I am considering getting a set of these in 31x10.50 from Pepboys. Anyone out there running this brand of tire? The salesman says they are manufactured by Cooper, and for $87 they fit my budget. I'm not looking for a extremely agressive tread, this is my daily driver. Anyone who has some experience with these tires let me know what you think. TIA.

Haven't tried them but I periodically look at them very hard. I've heard from MANY sources (some reputable) that they are made by Cooper, and I think Cooper tires are great. For that price in that size, I'd buy 'em.

Don't know much about the Dakotas, but I bought a pair of 31x10.5 Futura Enforcers (MTs) about 5 months ago and love em. Decent wear considering I put about 500-600 on em a week and have had very minimal tread wear, great grip in snow and rain and of course mud, and got them for only $89.

They are indeed made by Cooper. They were included in a class-action suit against cooper a few years ago on some older models.
Quite a few others are made by Cooper including most, if not all, Dick Cepek tires.
the Dick Cepek MC II is the identical tire to the Futura Enforcer.

I've been running them for almost a year now and they dont look any different then the day I bought themthey're arent no M/T in the mud but they can hold their own and wear very well.

Just reviving an old thread to see if anyone else has any experiance with them....I can get them at pep boys for 99 a piece for 31x10.5 Good looking tire with pretty aggresive tread. The Furtura Dakota Enforcer Mt's

enforcermtxlvp2.gif

They suck,I sold a set to a friend who still hates me for it,the other set I gave away!
bump12.jpg

i just purchased these for buy 3 get the 4th free today at 99.99 a peice.
31x10.5 ... i'm putting my lift on within the next week for them to fit under there nicely.
I don't do much off roading i love the look of the aggressive tread though. i do go out in the wharton state forest and the pine barrens every other weekend though and this is just to help me get through some of those water hazards....
Hopefully i like them!

I ran them on a 200 chevy 1/2 ton DD. My factory tires wore out in 25,000 iles. I drove mostly but dirt roads then. Those tires lasted me till I got rid of the truck. I put over 60,000 miles on them. They did great in all conditions I drove in.

I had them in 30's , not a good tire. Load,terrible wet traction,Cupped very bad. Sold them.

Had them on my Full size Blazer a few years ago, did alright BUT when I ponied up for Wrangler MTR's WOW the truck went places that it would'nt go before... I'm sold on MTR's... now granted my Blazer was much heavier than the XJ's...

Well I have an update that I wasnt expecting...Our Pep Boys had a grand re-opening after a remodel and advertised that the first ten customers in line would get 1/2 off on ANY tire package. So I was there at 4:45AM (the first in line) and I got them installed with road hazard for ~250.00(31x10.5). They differ quite alot from the pic I previously posted, They have a little more aggresive tread pattern now. As for their performance......TBA. I figured for 250 I could give them a try.

Back