• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's exhaust special...

Deyman

NAXJA Forum User
Any opinions about Rusty's exhaust special that's running right now? It includes a Flowmaster, 2.5" mandrel bent pipe with chrome tip (bling), air tube, and K&N for $200, free shipping. I just put on a Banks header (worth it!) and I want to upgrade the rest of the exhaust. I have emissions to worry about too. I don't really want to spend the money on a Borla just to bash it on some rocks.
Is there a clearance issue with extended shackles? I have a '97 btw. Thanks

Deyman

I got it. Great Deal. I Also got a high flow cat installed and asked the dude to put flanges on all the connection which you might want to do.

Anybody know what a typical price would be for a local shop to bend up some tube and slap a $20 glasspak on it? Trying to go whichever route is cheapest, whether it be Rusty's or local. Also, does the 2.5" tubing kill the backpressure and engine torque? Just curious. TIA.

xj92 said:
Anybody know what a typical price would be for a local shop to bend up some tube and slap a $20 glasspak on it? Trying to go whichever route is cheapest, whether it be Rusty's or local. Also, does the 2.5" tubing kill the backpressure and engine torque? Just curious. TIA.
From my Toyota days I recall a chap that built NASCAR Sportsman cars who said it was wise for the exhaust to expand from the header to the muffler and decrease in diameter near the tip to have the most benefit. Example Toy 4cyls would go from the collector to a 2.5 id pipe to the muffler and about 3ft from the exit would go back to 2.25 id. He said this gave the best increase in performance over a full 2.5 run. I never tried it but did look at his Dyno data and he was right. Only a small amout but did improve. I doubt the 2.5 will kill the performance as there will be a pretty good amount of pressure, your 4.0 does generate a fair amount of exhaust. If you put a really cheap muffler on it you will replace it sooner. My .02 FWIW HTH
asat

I ran the Rusty's Exhaust with Flowmaster for 3 years. Sounds great, makes power. I do run a Borla now, which I had to cut the tail pipe off (looks stupied and is huge). But you can't go wrong with the Rusty's Exhaust for the price. Juice

ASAT.....who said you could use MY photo icon????? You must choose your own.......gosh...take a few weeks off of these forums and somebody tries to hi-jack your pics!! :twak:

Jump This said:
ASAT.....who said you could use MY photo icon????? You must choose your own.......gosh...take a few weeks off of these forums and somebody tries to hi-jack your pics!! :twak:
Well, your junk does look similar to mine. I guess I need to fork over the $$ and become a member so I can put my own on! I have a cool logo on all the other fourms but can't seem to use it on naxja!! :peace: Thought imitation was the sincerest form of flattery!

I have a teraflex BB to put on this Spring and was wondering if the shackle will clear the exhaust pipe. Plus, if the BB requires that I upgrade some other parts (SYE + shaft, brake lines...$$$) the cat back can wait I guess. It's hard to pass up this deal though. Thanks all for the insight.

Deyman

Back