• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum Lines

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
I had posted a thread not long ago about unidentified vacuum lines. I had found some disconnected vacuum lines by the vacuum bottle. I flushed my radiator this weekend, and upon further inspection found the previous owner had replaced the original rigid lines with new tubing. The disco'd ends were just remnants, no big deal just pulled them out. Here is the new question... While I was inspecting the coolant bottle, some colored tubing caught my eye (Red, White, Blue). I believe its part of the vacuum disconnect for the front axle. The blue line however was not connected to anything, just hanging there. On the end was what looked like a check-valve, and when I looked at that, there was an oval Ford emblem embossed on it! The 4WD system works fine, is this a vent line for the system?? Any input from you folks would be appreciated! SERG

Back