• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uwharrie nat. forest

Arakele

NAXJA Member #946
some of us raleigh folks are going down to uwharrie the weekend of april 16th. more than welcome to meet up with us if you like.

i'll try to make it post back closer to then to remind me.

that sat is my wife's birthday, so sat is out. but i'll be up for a night run fri.

Arakele said:
some of us raleigh folks are going down to uwharrie the weekend of april 16th. more than welcome to meet up with us if you like.

I've never been there before, but I hear it's good. Do you think an xj with 3 inches of lift and 31's that are AT and open diffs would have any trouble? I don't have any armor underneath.....

Rick

I'll see if I can convince the other half to go wheelin' that weekend. Like I said, I've never been down there before. Were y'all planning on camping, it's about a 3.5 hour drive according to mapquest.

Rick

98classic said:
I've never been there before, but I hear it's good. Do you think an xj with 3 inches of lift and 31's that are AT and open diffs would have any trouble? I don't have any armor underneath.....

Rick

Rick....... You should be OK.. I've been there at least a dozen times over the last few years and my rig is boosted with 30's. I now have most of the skids but didn't for the first two years. There will be some challenging spots. If it rains the day before or while you're there, look out 'cause it gets real slick in some spots. Anyway..... have fun.

By the way I will be there on the 24th and 25th camping with my kids

Later Phil

OK, sounds good! I may not be able to make it....I just ordered a RE hack n tap, and if it's in on time, I'll be wrenchin the weekend of the 17th. The following weekend I already have plans. So count me as a ~maybe~ for this weekend. I'll let y'all know later on in the week.

Rick

change that to a night run sat, who is up for it?

Back