• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.7litre in an XJ

I did a 4.7L stroker in my 85XJ, does that count?

I'm building a 4.6L stroker engine for mine.
4.6L stroker (under construction)
- Websites -
Jeep 4.0 performance, 4.6L stroker build-up
- Tech Webpages -
CTS resistor trick, Dual electric fans, IAT sensor relocation, Intake manifold heatshield, MAP adjuster, Oil temp. gauge install
- Info Pages -
Automotive formulae, Jeep 4.0 cam specs, Jeep engine dyno graphs

Shifty said:
Was wondering if any one has ever put a 4.7litre in their XJ. This would be awesome!!

A 4.7 liter Toyota motor would be sweet!

Go for it!

CRASH

A 4.7 litre V8 out of a newer durango has some balls. My mom has it in her '01 Durango and it is pretty impressive. Put that in a lighter and smaller Jeep and you would have yourself a Mustang Eater........

Jeepinainteasy said:
A 4.7 litre V8 out of a newer durango has some balls. My mom has it in her '01 Durango and it is pretty impressive. Put that in a lighter and smaller Jeep and you would have yourself a Mustang Eater........

I ate Mustang once........tastes a lot like chicken......only tougher :laugh3:

Jeepinainteasy said:

The 4.7 V8 only puts out 235hp/295lbft though. My modified 4.0 puts out more HP and it's not far behind on torque either. A 4.6L stroker could be easily built to produce 265hp/330lbft and stomp all over the 4.7 V8. It'll even be right up with the 4.7 HO in peak HP/TQ numbers but the stroker will beat it for low rev torque.
Stroker power rocks.

Jeepinainteasy said:
Doubt it would "eat" my Cobra.....

Back