• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New gas guage

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
Well, after searching and searching, I can't find another cluster to replace my guage in the 91. Soooo, I guess I need an after market one. How hard will it be to hook the guage up? Will I need to get an FSM first to figure out the wiring? Any OTHER ideas? I'm tired of not knowing how much I got in there.
TIA.

Not a big deal, you need to find out the two resistances of the sender float, then go to stewart warner and match it up, they also sell senders. Order one of their catalogs, those have alot of information in them.

RichP said:
Not a big deal, you need to find out the two resistances of the sender float, then go to stewart warner and match it up, they also sell senders. Order one of their catalogs, those have alot of information in them.
Sounds like a plan. How do I find out these resistances? qould they be listed in a haynes or do I need something else?

It should be listed in the FSM.

Just for reference, we just had this discussion on the Yahoo Comache list.

Renix MJ senders: Empty 1 ohm
1/2 44 ohm
Full 88 ohm

91 HO MJ sender Empty 105 ohm
1/2 33 ohm
Full 5 ohm

Auto Meter sell a gauge through Q-Tec that uses 0 ohm at empty, and 90 ohm at full, for 35-36 bucks. Called the traditonal Chrome Series.

Back