• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock tech? Which shocks are best

Amund2

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to buy a set of OME Long Travel. But then this dude sells Procomp ES3000 for a little less money, claims they're all produced by Monroe and are mostly the same. I'm just wondering if the extra price for OME is worth it, or am I just paying for yellow paint and a logo?

Procomp:
http://www.explorerprocomp.com/es3000.html

OME:
http://www.arb.com.au/Nitrocharger.htm

1986 XJ w/31" MT/R, OME (not heavy duty) springs, took out one rear leaf because I thought it was too stiff, and too tall. Now it's soft but a bit low.. Stock shocks. I will jack it up an inch or so front and rear with coil spacers and shackles. But since this is my daily driver, and I'm picky on suspension, I want a smooth ride. Does anyone have experience with these shocks, how are they in potholes, speed bumps, washboards, jumps, off road (I guess crawling don't require much from shocks, but moderate-speed offroad on jumpy trails do)

I don't know much about the OME's, except everybody says it's the best. But the procomps sound nice as well. All comments appreciated.

First, OME are not made by Monroe.

Great shocks..OME, Bilstein

I have OME sitting in my garage and right on the shock label it say something on the hands of "Built Tough in Australia."

To the best of my knowledge, Monroe shocks are built in Monroe, MI.

As poppabear said, OME are not made by Monroe. Screw what that dude told you and get OME.

Those ProComp 3000's are junk. Get the OME's. I have them on my wife's XJ and I have the DoetschTech 3000's on mine. World of difference. OME's are going on my rig very soon.

I just changed my shocks this weekend. I went from ProCrap ES3000's to Bilstein 5100's, and WOW what a difference.
Bilsteins are awesome!

Back