• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5 speed with an AMC 360 cid

Stick said:
Wiil the ax5 bolt to a 360? I checked advance adapters, without any luck on an adapter. HELP....my 4 banger is dwendling fast.

Nope.

Good thing, too, because if it did it MIGHT last 15 seconds behind that engine.

is it an amc 360 or mopar 360?

the transmissions from an inline 6 xj would work with the amc 360 but i think the only one that would hold up would be the nv35xx or the aw4(which is out of the question since you want a manual)

if you find a bellhousing for a SR-4/T-4 it will work with a T-5 from a ford. and you should be able to find a ford truck with a T-5/trannycase pretty cheap they are a dime a dozen. IIRC advanced adapters or novak makes a kit to adapt the 231 to the T-5

if your going mopar 360 id say go with a NV4500

either swap will not be done cheaply IMHO

Stick said:
After further "net research" I figured that out. What would be a good choice for a 4 or 5 speed? I really like the "no hassel" of a stick shift.

I have a toqueflight 727 auto, but I dont wanna use it.

T18, used in the J trucks and SJ's..... but I suppose you went through and read everything already at the link I sent and know that already. :moon: Really just call Eric at Novak and he'll set you up and won't sell you anything you don't need, he's good like that.
Mike B.

Arakele said:
is it an amc 360 or mopar 360?

the transmissions from an inline 6 xj would work with the amc 360 but i think the only one that would hold up would be the nv35xx or the aw4(which is out of the question since you want a manual)

if you find a bellhousing for a SR-4/T-4 it will work with a T-5 from a ford. and you should be able to find a ford truck with a T-5/trannycase pretty cheap they are a dime a dozen. IIRC advanced adapters or novak makes a kit to adapt the 231 to the T-5

if your going mopar 360 id say go with a NV4500

either swap will not be done cheaply IMHO

Its an AMC 360 from a Jeep J10.

cool tell me what you use for engine mounts, when my 4.0 goes i want to put an amc 360 in it.

for stick trannys id say you really cant go wrong with a WCT5 use the bellhousing from the SR-4/T4, the ford T5 should have a passenger side drop T-case im just not sure which ones work with it. but i know AA makes an adapter for the 231 to fit the T5

those bellhousing can be found in some cj's and also older amc cars

http://homepages.ius.edu/STEVEN/amc/mantran.htm

http://www.bit.spt.fi/antti-ville.nauha/tech/amc_manual_trannies.html

good luck

np435 4 speed? novak has a 23 spline shaft to work with 91+ jeep NP231/242 transfer cases

also make sure it is a 2wd or a divorced 4wd if it is a np435 it also shares the same bolt pattern as a t18/t150/t176 so any jeep bellhousing from a 76-86 amc inline 6 or v8 with those bellhousing should work with it.

Last edited:
Back