• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shackles dont fit

MoulderXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I tried putting on the Chevy Drop shackles last night and they will not go where they supposed to go. Anybody else have this problem? any suggestions to help me getting these shackles in?

What shackles actually fit in with ease? Rubs? Rustys? Rocky roads(summit)?? skyjacker? Anything...or are all of them a bitch to get in?

What kind of fitting issues are you having? I just put some in recently and I also had some fitting issues. The problem was that the sleeve in the bushings was just slightly to long. I vise gripped the sleeve grabbed my hacksaw and lopped off about 1/8" problem solved. As long as the sleeve is still wider than the shackle body there should be no problem. Also there is about 1/8" to 1/4" of slack in between the leaf spring sleeve and the shackle body which should have used washers to compesate for but I didnt but I would advise you do. Instead I just let the shackle fork bend in slightly it doesnt look like it will bind any and seems to work fine. Also you may need to modify the exhaust clamp right about the passenger side shackle. You could probably rotate it to a point that there is no interference but chose to hack off my tailpie at the same time so I eliminated that clamp and put in a different style. Good luck with the install!

Alan

Back