• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rigidco.com rock rails?

JohnJohn

Member #42
http://www.rigidco.com/RR22x.htm

crjeeper turned me on to these. I need to get some RRs for my '98. Curious if anyone has had any trouble with them. Just thinking out loud here...

Since the rail is up and angled would I be spending more time on the lateral cross bars? With the main rail being level with the cross/mounting bars anyone think I might get hung up on them? Most other bars I see hang closer to the ground so the XJ can actually slide on the main rail.

Thoughts? Thanks,

I can't answer your question about his rock rails, but I would like to throw out that I have his front bumper and I am 100000% satisfied with the quality and workmanship that went into his design and build. Plus the price was so amazing.

Alex

You may get hung up on the support bars more, but that would only be because the slider is higher and has better clearance than a normal one.

I think it looks kinda funny, but that just me. Plus it would probably be hard to use as a step.

I have heard his customer service and product line is top notch. I like the idea of rotating the bar, I just want to know how it will work being level with the mounting bars.

I come for owning two sets of Ged's old XJArmor rails, so the step is not an issue for me.

kirby said:
I think I heard that he added a plate to the bottom where the support bars are.

Forgot to tell you about that johnjohn :anon: sorry. There is a plate that goes from the pinch-cleat out to the rail itself. Terry told me that when I talked to him and I asked if that interfered with a hi-lift. He said not at all.

btw, air kit bolted right up. thx.

crjeeper said:
Forgot to tell you about that johnjohn :anon: sorry. There is a plate that goes from the pinch-cleat out to the rail itself. Terry told me that when I talked to him and I asked if that interfered with a hi-lift. He said not at all.

btw, air kit bolted right up. thx.

That's good info!! Thanks, I'll be ordering these up tomorrow.

I have a pair of these rails sitting in my garage right now, waiting to be bolted up. The underside of the rails is very well skidplated - way tuff to get them hung up on anything. There is no better value in manufactured rockrails in the industry if you ask me. Better ground clearance than other rails too. Get 'em and love 'em!

Jared:patriot:

Back