• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on lift kits?

bucholzi

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,
I'm just about ready to order a 2"-3" lift kit for my 89 XJ and have narrowed it down to three possible brands, OME. Procomp and Skyjacker. I have some restrictions regarding certification in order to install it legally on my car, these three brands can supply the necessary paperwork.

So, experiences? I'm looking for comparative info between the three brands and I have been told that Procomp is rather stiff, while OME is absolutely marvellous (being not a lift kit, but a "suspension system to improve handling" and so on). But I haven't found that much info about skyjacker, only that they are a bit overprized (however still cheaper than OME) and maybe that the bigger lifts have a poor reputation.

I've got an OME kit and it really is fantastic. The ride is at least as good as it was with the stock springs and shocks. At some point in the future I'm planning on changing to a RE 4.5" kit and give up some ride quality for the ground clearance. When I'm going to sell the OME as a whole, but that'll be awhile, maybe as long as a year before I can do it though. At any rate I can't think of anything bad to say about the OME kit.

Back