• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing dana 30 carrier

XtremeJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm taking out my carrier on my dana 30 with disconnect. How do I get the c-clip off the intermediate axle? Do I have to take the spider gears out first?
Thanks, Earl

no don't need to remove the spiders just use two screw drivers and push on the clip till it pushes off tward the pinion. make to opening of the clip twards you so you can push on both sides of it.
DIG IT!

My 90 Dana 30 w/disconnect has no c-clip. The intermediate axle just floats in the carrier. I have never seen one with a c-clip. Just pull both axles and the carrier drops out.

delta said:
My 90 Dana 30 w/disconnect has no c-clip. The intermediate axle just floats in the carrier. I have never seen one with a c-clip. Just pull both axles and the carrier drops out.
My disco 91 has no c-clip, but my spare intermediate shaft is from an 88 and it does have a c-clip. It's a Jeep thing, I don't understand.

Back