• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Rails w/ RE Drop Brackets

PC-UT-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, i was just wondering what rock rails will work with the RE control arm drop brackets? I was looking at Rocky Road's but they look like they would interfere.

The ones AJ made for me don't have any fittment problems at all with my RE drop brackets.. *hint*hint*

http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/

Not to mention AJ's will be about the same price shipped as RRO's are w/o shipping.

-Scott

Last edited:
sintax said:
Not to mention AJ's will be about the same price shipped as RRO's are w/o shipping.

-Scott

AJ's still out of action isn't he? Last I read he was out for a few weeks.....he's gonna have a big backlog when starts welding again......

PC-UT-XJ said:
Hi, i was just wondering what rock rails will work with the RE control arm drop brackets? I was looking at Rocky Road's but they look like they would interfere.

My Rocky Road step rails don't interfere with my RE drop brackets in anyway.

On another note, I bought my step rails from Rocky Road off ebay. They were selling the rockrails and I upgraded to step rails, add in shipping and it was almost the same as the step rails w/o shipping. So it was a decent deal.

crjeeper said:
AJ's still out of action isn't he? Last I read he was out for a few weeks.....he's gonna have a big backlog when starts welding again......
Yup and looks like at least another MONTH before I'm back in the shop...that is only IF I don't have to have another surgery done. Pretty unreal but out of my control.

Thanks. Rocky Road is actually about a 15 min drive from my house, so shipping won't matter...I think I'll go with those then...thanks.

AJsArmor said:
Yup and looks like at least another MONTH before I'm back in the shop...that is only IF I don't have to have another surgery done. Pretty unreal but out of my control.
Dude....huge bummer. Nice to have you check in though. I guess this layoff will give some much needed R&R even if it is forced and frustrating. Get healthy, not better.

I already had the C4x4 rails when I bought the drop brackets. The rails took a SLIGHT bit of modification to one mount. Really easy!

same here, when to install the support brackes and drop brackets and then realized I would have to cut the bottom of the C4x4 mounts. But didn't have anything handy to cut them and had to back out of the install.

As long as there insn't a bottom part to the mounts that wrap around the bottom of the unibody it will be ok. Otherwise you will need to remove the bottom of the mount.

AJsArmor said:

Wow AJ, I did not know you were out due to the surgery. Make sure to keep us informed as to when you're going to be back in action. I am thinking about a new bumper whenever you get the time. I'll even get you some rockrail shots like you asked for this weekend at the SoCalXJ Jambo.

-Scott

Back