• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sunroof brokey wet xj

mikie2084

NAXJA Forum User
Well Virginia had a 75 degree day yesterday so I opened the sunroof, and everything was fine. Late last night I decided to go get something to eat, AS I walked out the door I was greeted by the rain. I Rolled the windows up and started closing the sunroof. Now heres the problem, the passenger side of the sunroof came off the track or something. I tried to get it shut for 20 minutes or so, and everything was soaked. Finally I just grabbed the side and jerked the piss out of it, it closed. Now today I get to try to fix it but have no idea how to take the trim of inside, so if any of you guys have a clue I would be thankful.

Mike :confused:

i have no idea how to help you with the sunroof--but anyone who may, will need to know what year, etc your jeep is ;)

ITs a 98 with a factory sunroof, I just pulled most of it apart and found that a piece to what I believe is the track is broke so I guess I;ll just take the button out and leave it shut.

mikie2084 said:
ITs a 98 with a factory sunroof, I just pulled most of it apart and found that a piece to what I believe is the track is broke so I guess I;ll just take the button out and leave it shut.

They had a factory sunroof in a 98?? Or is it a "dealer intalled" one??

dealer installed sorry. I just fixed my door speakers yesterday and wondered where that orange wire in the fuse box was leading to, found out today when I was trying to fix the sunroof. What do you guys think a jeep dealership would charge to fix it? Hey its really windy here maybe I should drop a tree branch on it and get my insurance to fix it lol.

Nope I haven't the slightest idea the make and model is. I figured it would be way exspensive so I'll just leave it broke for now.

Back