• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A few more projects done

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Well, theMORE mounts are in, and HOLY CRAAP what an improvement! I cant even believe how much better the ride, and I think this next pic explains why.....
MVC-054F.jpg

THat mount fell out into my hand when I pulled it out of the engine today. :eek: Those pieces were just floating in there, so I think I know why my jeep felt a liitle "looose" when driving. Heres a few pics of them installed. The zinc coat makes em look bling.
MVC-051F.jpg

MVC-052F.jpg

HULK is noticably more repsponsive now. You let your foot off the brake and it starts goin. Before it would lolligag off the line. Now she picks right up. THe whole truck feels "tighter" but there are definitely more engine vibes than before, Its like a massage for my bootay. It also stopped my exhaust from moving around and clanging on its mounts, and got rid of my driveline vibe at 70.
I also got around to installing my BO leaf springs. They rock, and the anti-wrap leaf makes a TON of difference. A little more stiff, but no more lift block! I still need new bolts since mine are too long and the leaf isnt as clamped down as it could be.
MVC-026F.jpg

MVC-048F.jpg

While I was at it I put in new JKS discos cuz mine were dead. I didnt really heed the "grease frequently" warning in orange letters on the instructions, so the bushings tend to die quickly when you dont do that....BLING
MVC-055F.jpg

So all in all I am totally convinced that these mounts rock. Vibes yes, better performance absolutley. So, next project is new Ubolts in the back since mine are too long and to get my steering done since I have all the parts now. Werd.

Lookin' good. Why do you need new UBolts if those are too long? Cut them down, and finish tightening them up. We do it all the time.

Yeah, that could be a problem.:D

Back