• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hp vs lp d30

kirby

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a difference in the length of the pinion on a hp vs a lp d30? I'm guessing there is since I just went to put in my new gears and realized that it wasn't going to fit. :smsoap: Sorry if this has been posted before, but I am just really pissed off right now since I ordered them through the mail and will have to wait for the new ones to arrive.

what? you tried to buy gears for one and found out they didnt work in the other?? haha, ya that sounds about right

There are 3 different gear sets for the D30, standard cut, standard cut short pinion and reverse cut. On a HP you have to use the reverse cut gears, the short pinion sets are used in the TJ D30.

Called today and sure enough the smart sells man that helped me sent out the lp. It's a wonder how he did it since all cherokee's have the hp reverse cut right? Well I guess I get to wait another week for the install to be done. Thanks for the help.

Back