• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air Leak

BigRedJeepster0381

NAXJA Member #1011
I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but since I bought my '98 XJ in October, I've noticed whenever I go over 55 mph I get wind noise inside the cabin. At first I thought it was coming from the dash, but when I was on the road I found the source: it is coming from the middle of the headliner (the top). It seems like at least a 6 inch gap from where the noise is coming from. I'm hoping the dealership can take care of this without charge since this happened before I bought it. I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem (if it's common) and if it's a problem you can fix yourself.

Well I would never notice it in mine, my mj lets air in thru the doors, my window is down year round so my 35's have enough tire noise to drown everything out except my 12's behind the seat I had to put in to be able to hear my radio. But if I were you I'd definetly check to make sure you aint leaking water in somewhere as well in the rain. Good luck with the dealer.

Now that you mention it, I did at one time find a puddle big enough that you could splash in on the driver's side floor mat. What's even more strange, there were little beads of water coming out of the plastic that separates the door jamb from the windshield. (That's only happened once - but once is enough). But that wouldn't make sense (or would it?) since the air is coming from the center of the vehicle and it sounds like all four of my windows are down...very annoying... :gonnablow

I think I'm just going to the auto glass shop and have my windshield resealed - makes more sense, plus that seems to be the only way I'd be having a leak even remotely by that area...AND I'd get rid of that annoying air sound coming through the cabin.

Back