• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 rotors on an 01

BLKXJ33

NAXJA Forum User
Be careful when changing rotors out from older model cherokees. I was using rotors designed for 90-99' and I thought they would work on my 2000 with no problem...hmmm, but thats never the case. I found out today that in 2000 they made a change with the rotors. They went from composite rotors to cast iron rotors due to problems in the braking system. I have heard that some 00-01's have either cast or composite, and mine ending up being the other. Well, I put the composite on today before knowing any of this info and it rubbed like hell against the backing plate. Trust me, its not fun burning your hands to hell trying to get the rotors off after they are hott as HELL. I would guess that yours are cast iron, and would check your application before you made any assumtions..GL w/ it though....

You really need to check with a parts store or a shop that has one of the snap-on computer systems with the mitchell package. It gives you the part numbers for most of the parts, not all. I was considering doing my daughters TJ's front rotors and pads while it was in the shop today getting the 'once over and inspection' I looked up the interchangeability between a 97TJ and a 98XJ and they were the same part number. I just happen to have a set of solid steel rotors that I had cryogenically treated a few years ago but have not used due to the factory recall 2 years ago where they replaced them. I would check though, with the redesign of the XJ and TJ in 97 model year 93 might be pushing it a bit... but you might get lucky, never hurts to check...

Back