• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mopar Gas Tank Skid install ?

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
I'm going to install a Mopar gas tank skid. Right now there is a plastic "skid" plate between the tank and the straps.

Do I have to remove the plastic "skid" before I put on the Mopar skid? Or can I just leave the plastic skid on and mount the steel skid over the whole shiteree?

Thanks

Take a utility knife and cut a strip about 1-1/4" wide off each end of the plastic "skid" and the skid plate will fit without having to drop the tank straps.

Hey Steve...

When I put mine on, I just jacked it up there right over that plastic cover. I guess it would easier to trim it like Eagle said. :roll:

Installation done. Trimmed the plastic cover with a Dremel.

Yeah I know this is thread necromancy, but yanno......

I dropped my factory receiver from my 97 XJ tonight, so I could install the gas tank skid from my 98 XJ. It all looks very straight forward and about 20 minutes worth of work. My one question is the heat shield between the plastic gas tank and the tail pipe. How does that come off to install the skid? Or does it stay on? If it stays on, does it go inside or outside of the skid.

Yeah I know this is thread necromancy, but yanno......

I dropped my factory receiver from my 97 XJ tonight, so I could install the gas tank skid from my 98 XJ. It all looks very straight forward and about 20 minutes worth of work. My one question is the heat shield between the plastic gas tank and the tail pipe. How does that come off to install the skid? Or does it stay on? If it stays on, does it go inside or outside of the skid.

I've seen it installed on the inside of a ZJ skid.

Back