• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Multiple cooling questions(pics), urgent!

5Cent

NAXJA Forum User
Info: 92 XJ, Open system, new 3 row CSF, have "t" from prestone kit installed into top heater hose(one that runs to the tstat housing), looking to flush since new components installed. No temp guage(broken off, see other threads). Leaking heater control v

1.)I inserted the "T" into the top hose as stated above. Is this the correct hose?

2.)I replaced the heater control valve w/ a new one, but this one leaked worse than the other. It squirted out like a pin hole in a pop right where the metal swing arm is. I returned it for another, but they didn't have anymore, so I'll wait till tommrow. Old one installed currently again. Is it possible that the hoses are mixed up? Top one to the tstat housing goes in the top inlet, and bottom(from waterpump) goes into the bottom? Is it normal for the hcv to fail like the new one did even if the hoses are right?

3.)I've never had coolant in the overflow bottle since the day I bought it. I've filled it up, but it always seems to disappear, even though the amount in the radiator is fine. I'm beginning to think mine's broken on the front where it curves down. Here's a pic. It's actually on the right(picture is of the left side). Does everyone elses look like this?

http://community.webshots.com/scrip...D=103871826&photoID=123081345&security=Pdyeko

4.)I've been w/o a temp guage for about 2 weeks now(see other posts) b/c it broke off in the head. Does anyone, anyone, anyone know where to put a new one and where I can get a sender and new guage. I'm looking at the dual pillar guage pod w/ the temp guage(and also tranny temp guage) in them. What's the difference between electrical and mechanical?

5.) If ya made it this far, I give you much appreciated credit!
Thanks,
Adam

Well after looking at a JU Member's picture of his hoses, mine are correct. Any ideas on the other questions?

Back