• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CrossMember bolt sizes

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
does anyone remember of the top of their head what are the sizes? I got the looon ones with the drop but that's going away tomorrow and I don't think I have the original ones anymore.

Thanks
Remi aka Kejtar

GRRRR finding those sizes is a major PITA! You're right on the M10-1.5x40 but the only ones I found so far is some frail looking zinc things @ home depot... time for a trip to kragen and auto zone...

Kejtar

Don't you have OSH down there? I quit looking for hardware pretty much everywhere else, OSH fasteners do well, and I go to Fastenal for the exotics. I also have Mr. Metric up here, and that comes in real handy from time to time (you try finding stainless metric with a short lead!)

Go ahead and get one each of the wonky useless stuff, and use those to confirm size. Then, go get something useful...

5-90

I might have to swing by osh.... although there is none real close to me: I got spoiled with Home Depot being right by my work (3 minutes walking distance), and Kragen, Auto Zone, and Home Depot about 7 minutes walking distance from my home....

Kejtar

Ya - but none of their hardware is worth a damn. HD near me (I'm in the middle of three!) doesn't do better than SAE2, no metric, no stainless, no brass - no bother! I only go there for bulk stuff - wood, nails, things like that (and even their wood is getting more useless - I may have to start going to Southern Lumber and paying twice as much...)

Take the time to go to OSH - it's worth it by the time you're all done. I used ome variety of stainless Socket Head Capscrews when I redid mine - the socket head handles more shear than the hex head, and I prefer stainless or brass undercar. I just don't remember the size of the thing accurately...

5-90

Back