• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bolt on Diff Guards

Karlm

NAXJA Forum User
Any recomendations? I looked at the Younger Bros. one, but at $135 it seemed a little pricey. Most seem to come in around $70. Are any better than others. I'm looking for one for a D44.

I was looking for diff protection for a while too and thought that the prices were crazy. I eventually just welded some strap steel to my factory cover. Super stout and cost about $2.

If you dont got the skillz, check the warn diffguards, they look pretty stout to me.

Also check challenger performance. I think their prices skyrocketed lately, but when they wer 65 they were good. :D

Lucas said:
I was looking for diff protection for a while too and thought that the prices were crazy. I eventually just welded some strap steel to my factory cover. Super stout and cost about $2.

I agree, make your own if you can. Here is what I did.

IMG_0006_001.sized.jpg

The Challenger Performance ones were really a great deal when they were at $65. I don't know where the prices are at now, but I ran those in both the front and rear. Powdercoated, lightweight, and very stout- they saved me from having to buy a 3rd rear diff cover on more than one occassion.

xtremewlr said:
I agree, make your own if you can. Here is what I did.

IMG_0006_001.sized.jpg
Holy jeebus. How thick is that metal? How did you weld that on without burning through the cover. I just used some 1/8 inch strap.

Also, if you're planning on spending like 100 per cover, you might as well just buy a cheap welder. Doing stuff like diff covers is cheap and easy practice, and its not as critical component as suspension links, etc.

I bought the Warn covers for D30 and D44. Haven't mounted them yet but...if you have problems with those covers you probably have bigger issues.

r@m

Back