• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about Control arms

LOOKSURF

NAXJA Forum User
I am ordering a Rubicon Express 4.5 inch SuperFlex Kit for XJ and I am upgrading to HD Trackbar but do I need to upgrade to adjustable Control arms? I am going with advance adapter sye and CV from Tom Woods if that makes any difference.

LOOKSURF said:
I am ordering a Rubicon Express 4.5 inch SuperFlex Kit for XJ and I am upgrading to HD Trackbar but do I need to upgrade to adjustable Control arms? I am going with advance adapter sye and CV from Tom Woods if that makes any difference.

you should be fine with what they give you

I just got the same kit in the mail for my 99, I didn't upgrade anything. The more I look around it looks like everybody upgrades a lot of stuff initialy, Let me know how your works out.

Like shimmy says, you should be fine with what they give you. However, adjustables (one set, not both) will give you the ability to dial it in if needed since Cherokees are notorious for behaving differently. Pinion angle is a critical adjustment toavoid crappy ride and DW and while the RE arms are pretty close to what you'll need your Jeep may be happier with the minor adjustments available.

Thanks I decided to get the Lower and upper adjustables just to be on the safe side. Here is what I ordered can you think of anything else I will need? One last question will 31" tires look bad with the 4 1/2" lift?

Here are the parts I have ordered for it

RE6130 XJ 4.5” Super Flex Kit w/ Rear Springs
OMENC-4 OME Nitro Charger Shocks (set of 4)
UPG-ADFLCA Adjustable Front LCA Upgrade
UPG-ADFUCA Adjustable Front UCA Upgrade
UPG-JKS JKS Quicker Disconnect Upgrade
UPG-XDTRAC Extreme Duty Track Bar Upgrade
TWAASYEPREM AA SYE + TW Premium CV Shaft
Swap the t-case drop for shims
3/4" spacer up front to level the jeep

nice skid plate :cheers: . hey how do you like those claytons? im gonna be installing those this summer and i was wondering how the quality isToday 22:34

Thanks! i plan to integrate it into the frame rails and rock rails on the rear so that it doesnt stress the crossmember too much. but that'l have to wait till i get back to ABQ for the summer. As for the Claytons...they're amazing. At 5" the ride is so soft and they flex sweet. I'm not the "extreme" rock crawler that some people are, but the high speed performance is really nice. add some skidds to the axle control arm mounts and slide on them all day, they dont bend.

-J

Back